Access to Music
Curriculum Manager - Games, Animation & Media - Manchester
|Active since||02-02-2017||Job category||Education / Coaching / Trainers|
|Educational level||Vocational / Diploma / As...||Employment type||Permanent contract|
|Hours||37 - 38||Salary||£35,000|
Salary: £35,000 plus performance bonus linked to KPI achievement
Hours of Work: Such hours as reasonably necessary for the effective delivery of the role, minimum 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to: Business Development Director
We are seeking a Games, Animation & Media Curriculum Manager to co-ordinate and oversee the development and delivery of Games, Animation & Media curriculum across Access to Music. This course is new so there is a real opportunity for you to make your mark and help contribute to the course's success.
By joining Access to Music you will become part of a national creative college that has been at the forefront of creative education for 25 years, inspiring learners looking to find a place within the creative industries. We were rated ‘Good’, by Ofsted in 2016 and as ‘Outstanding’ by the Independent Schools Inspectorate in December 2014.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
● The management of learner recruitment for the curriculum area
● Co-ordination of processes and staff nationally working on Games, Animation and Media programmes
● Liaison with the ATM MIS team regarding enrolments, attendance, retention and achievement
● Driving continuous improvement of the programmes
● Establishing a network and database of delivery centre local employers, work placement/work experience and progression providers
● Management of the targets linked to learner enrolments for the curriculum area
● Leading on the development of the delivery roles and responsibilities
● Development of the curriculum including associated materials, resources and schemes of work and liaison with awarding bodies
● Identification both internally and externally models of best practice linked to curriculum delivery for development/implementation across the business.
As a successful candidate you will have...
• Educated to a minimum of GCSE level standard or equivalent including English and Maths.
• Relevant Vocational qualification at Level 3 or above
• Recognised teaching qualification at level 4 or above
• Clean current driving licence and use of a car
• Proven experience managing provision using excellent time management and organisational skills
• Knowledge of games, animation, media, curriculum, employability and skills development
• Experience of customer service delivery and employer engagement.
• Detailed understanding of safeguarding, risk assessment, information sharing, equalities and diversity, health and safety legislation and practices.
• Experience of managing relationships with stakeholders and partner organisations effectively
• Ability and proven experience of managing budgets
• Experience of managing, leading, guiding, directing, and motivating staff
• Ability to work proactively and using own initiative
• Excellent administrative and reporting skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• The ability to manage complex and numerous tasks at any given time and continue to deliver quality and to meet demanding deadlines
• Ability to communicate difficult and complex messages effectively at all levels, demonstrating effective negotiation skills and the ability to handle hostility
• Ability to set realistic but challenging targets for self and Team and to monitor progress against targets.
• Ability to manage the organisation of work progress to deliver on time, on budget and to agreed quality standards
• Ability to strive for continuous performance improvement and encourage others to do so
• Ability to support the assessment and management of risk
• Ability to successfully use performance management techniques to set objective measures to provide quality services
The closing date for this post is Friday 17th February 2017.
To Apply have your CV ready for upload along with a covering letter containing a personal statement telling us why your skills, knowledge and experience make you the person we are looking for.
This post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance. Access to Music exercises appropriate care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with young people and vulnerable adults.
Access to Music are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment for work.
Education / Coaching / Trainers
|Industry / Industries||
Education / Training